Welcome to my website hub, which links to my business and project websites.
My company, Barker Social Marketing, uses digital marketing to grab attention and grow brands online. I’m also an Event Producer, a Lindy Hopper, and a member of the board of advisors for the Frankie Manning Foundation.
I’ve been an entrepreneur since 1999 and have extensive project management experience. My portfolio ranges from work in digital marketing, to the arts, fashion, food and beverage, administration, and executive recruitment. In the past I’ve created, successfully operated, and sold two businesses.
I run a digital marketing agency, Barker Social Marketing, with an international team and global client base. I’ve acted as the direct Project Coordinator to the Country Leader of Canada in a large corporate office, and I have an extensive background in event organizing. I was the overall organizer of a wildly successful $800K event in New York City with a team of more than two dozen staff reporting to me and over 2000 people in attendance.
I’m a highly effective individual, business woman, and marketing dynamo.
When I’m not busy with a marketing, event, or other project, you’ll find me dancing or with my birds.
- Extensive project management, organizational, and production experience offering outstanding administrative and project coordination skills.
- Exceptionally well organized, efficient, and disciplined.
- Quick, sensitive to urgency, attentive to deadlines.
- Diverse professional experience in a variety of environments, from the arts, to corporate institutions, to non-profit.
- Accomplished as a self-driven entrepreneur; driven and disciplined.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and time management abilities.
- Thrives working both autonomously and as part of a team.
- Experience coordinating with executive level clients on high stakes ventures.
- Excels written documentation, proposals, and presentations.
- Versatile in many computer operating systems and programs.
- Highly motivated and eager to be challenged.
- Exceptional team leader with strong ability to generate and maintain records, oversee projects, keep team on track, and meet deadlines.
- International work experience.
- CEO, Barker Social Marketing (2016-present)
- Member of the Board of Advisors for the Frankie Manning Foundation (2011-present)
- Event Organizer for Roaring Twenties Events (January 2020)
- Event Organizer for Swedes in New York City including panel at Lincoln Center (May 2019)
- Producer for a special event and show at the Rockefeller Estate in Tarrytown, NY (April 2016)
- Event Organizer for the Niagara VegFest (2014-2016)
- Event Organizer for the Niagara Jazz Festival (2014-2015)
- Producer for the show Swingin’ Frankie’s Way at Harlem’s World Famous Apollo Theater in New York City (May 2014)
- Overall Event Organizer for the largest swing dance festival and convention in history in New York City; $800K 5-day 2000+ person (2013/2014 project)
- Director & Business Owner of Toronto’s leading swing dance studio (1999-2014)
- Member of the Board of Advisors for a nonprofit charitable organization in the United States 501(c)(3) (2010-2015)
- Developer & Business Owner of an independent health food business (2010-2012)
- Event Organizer for a wildly successful raw food festival in Niagara on the Lake (2011/2012 project)
- Project Coordinator to the Country Leader of Canada for the global industry leader in middle management search (2005-2009)
- Branch Manager for a staffing firm in downtown Toronto (2004-2005)
- Administrator for the world’s biggest swing dance camp (2003-2004)
- English Language instructor in Russia (2002-2003)
- International Dance Instructor (ongoing)
- Tour Organizer, 3 tours (2 in North America, 1 in Europe) for a Swedish dance company (2002, 2003)